Wayfarer Design Studio, a design agency + education company for designers, is hiring a Project Manager + Client Concierge. Our agency provides branding, package, and web design for thoughtfully ambitious brands. We work in both wordpress sites as well as shopify websites for our ecommerce clients. On our education side, CEO Abbey McGrew creates educational resources for designers including her course, template shop, and 1:1 coaching.
The Project Manager + Client Concierge is a contracted, part-time role to support in both the agency side of the business as well as the education side! The team is small at the moment and we are excited to bring on this new support role! No extensive web design background required– we are looking for someone who loves supporting people and also loves project planning! This role is responsible for being the primary point of contact for agency clients and ensuring that our agency projects are running smoothly and on time. Because our agency is small, this role will also be supporting Abbey in her community.
Hours: 10 hours per week
Compensation: starting at $25.00 USD
Response times of 24-48 hours M-F
Contractor- preference is applications from US and Canada
People of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities are encouraged to apply
Project + Account Management for Agency clients:
– create project timelines for internal use and client use
– coordinate and communicate between creative director and contractors (junior designers, copywriters, developers, etc) on projects
– communicate and liaise with clients throughout brand, web, or packaging project- this role is the main point of contact and there for whatever questions the clients have
– provide client updates and ensure clients are meeting deadlines
– update standard operating procedures as needed
– manage projects, update project plans, and ensure project is completed on time
– create invoices and send out contracts via Dubsado to new clients (we have roughly 1-2 new clients monthly)
Community Management for Course Students:
– schedule monthly Q+A calls and schedule email reminders
– coordinate guest expert calls in the community
– periodically check in on payments + follow up with any students to resolve failed payments
– send follow up materials to students after 1:1 coaching sessions (zoom recordings, coaching notes, and resource links)
– post call recordings and other resources in the facebook group
– upload videos in course platform, Teachable
– repurpose blog content into newsletter content
– schedule pinterest content
– you love creating a project plan and plugging it into asana
– you like having a variety in your work
– you thrive with hard deadlines and get a thrill out of crossing tasks off of your to-do list
– you love people and feel comfortable getting on zoom with our students or agency clients as needed
– you consider yourself to be personable and are invested in the client experience!
– the thought of managing a creative project excites you!
– you are an excellent written communicator
– you aren’t afraid to ask for what is needed for a project to be completed on time
– you are good at holding boundaries (specifically in the context of project scope for our agency clients, etc)- you can be firm yet sincere in your client communications
– you want to be a part of a company that empowers business owners to do even more!
– you want to help online entrepreneurs but would rather not have to do a lot of sales and marketing yourself- you want to support behind the scenes- that’s your passion!
– you want a client facing role!
– you love details and consider yourself to be quite organized!
– Tailwind (not a requirement, but is a bonus)
We are accepting initial applications from now until Tuesday January 26th, 2021
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!