Do you love the idea of helping brands that are intentional in their values by designing their branding and product design? Are you excited about helping business owners see the potential in their business by creating designs that resonate with them and stand apart from their competitors?
You’re in luck! Wayfarer Design Studio is hiring! At Wayfarer Design Studio, we elevate premium brands to a place of meaning, purpose, and newfound confidence by creating intentional designs. We partner with brands whose passions lie anywhere from skincare, sustainable fashion, home goods, or wine and empower them not only through our design but by allowing them to make better decisions for their brands by educating them throughout our process. We value heartfelt design with meaningful details that allow us to be our clients’ creative guides as they enter the next chapters of their business.
Now, we’re looking for a Junior Designer who values the details and transparency as we do to help us serve our clients at a higher capacity by taking on a chunk of the research and design work within our agency. Sound like a dream to you? Keep reading!
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with the clients as well as other designers on projects to create designs that represent the unique brands we work with. You are someone who loves working with clients who are intentional and purposeful, you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it, and you love how little details make all the difference in design projects.
- Time Commitment: Starting at 15 hours/week
- Compensation: $20-25/hr
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote.
- Status: This role is a part-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting research on client brands and similar websites in the clients’ industries in order to understand their competition as well as get design ideas
- Organizing brand research to be presented to CEO with notes on specific details and ideas
- Implementing design refinements (size changes, text changes, etc.)
- Taking a primary logo design and utilizing it to create secondary marks
- Web design (typically the creative director will create the home page and the Jr Design will assist in building out the remaining web pages)
- Creating launch graphics that can be used by clients to announce their new branding
- Offering support on websites post-launch as needed to ensure any tech issues can be addressed
- Refining designs for packaging based on printer necessities and client feedback
- Selecting color palettes for designs and sourcing fonts
- Creating client presentations in Adobe InDesign of branding and web design work
- Exporting files as needed for clients
- Creating graphics for in-house studio social media pages
- Updating our studio website with new portfolio work as needed
This could be you if…
- You love design and are excited to serve our clients
- You have strong communication and time management skills; you know how to work through your creative blocks
- You’re thoughtful and intentional with all communication you have with team members and clients
- You know that critiques on your designs are not personal and ultimately are what help you create the best designs
- You’re collaborative and love working with others on projects
- You’re not easily overwhelmed by new information and you love to learn new things
- You know you can figure things out whenever you don’t know something
- You’re good at seeking out and following specific instructions
- You know the smallest details in design are equally as important as the big things
- You always design with meaning and purpose in mind
- You have an understanding of color theory and typography and have a firm grasp of general web design principles
- You have experience customizing websites with HMTL/CSS (not required, but appreciated!)
- Adobe XD
- Adobe InDesign
- Shopify/Squarespace/other eCommerce web design platforms
We are accepting initial applications from now until Tuesday, October 19th, 2021. Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis and so the sooner you apply, the better!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a zoom interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!