Does your idea of fun at work include connecting with people, creating and maintaining relationships? Are you excited about leading a sales team for a company that creates innovative and fun products? Are you interested in part-time, mostly remote work with some travel during tradeshow season? Then look no further!
The Type Set Co., a family-owned, family-focused company, is hiring a Wholesale Sales Manager! We are here to work hard, have fun, be innovative, and bring happiness to our customers’ homes. We are known for our modern magnetic letters and letter boards and we can’t wait to bring on this new role so that we can continue to grow and spread joy around the world!
Heading up this particular project are Ashley, our idea generator, who first envisioned The Type Set Co. in the shower (where all great ideas happen), and Paul, her husband and an engineering superhero, who took an idea and made it into something tangible. Ashley noticed that stylish alphabet letters just did not exist– many DIY tutorials did but nowhere to actually purchase. The Type Set Co. products have been featured in publications like Magnolia Journal, Real Simple, Country Living, and more!
We are looking for a new team member who loves people and generating new ideas to join us with a can-do attitude to help us further expand our reach! Could this be you?
Wholesale Sales Manager
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for driving sales growth of The Type Set Co.’s proprietary products into wholesale accounts throughout the US and beyond, contributing to the company’s overall sales goals. The Sales Manager’s main focus will be increasing distribution while developing exceptionally strong relationships with retailers both large and small. This role is also responsible for overseeing our outsourced sales reps, managing our sales efforts, and wholesale account relationships, and representing the Type Set Co at tradeshows.
- Time Commitment: The position is part-time, requiring 15-20 hours per week. Time tracking is required.
- Compensation: $20-$25 commensurate with experience
- Benefits: 50% paid holidays
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – outside of traveling, this role is remote
- Status: This role is a part-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- This position requires travel to 6 or more tradeshows each year.
- Manage and Communicate with Sales Representatives and Rep Group Management
- Update stockist contacts as needed
- Post to our private wholesale instagram account
- Seek and pursue new wholesale opportunities
- Take initiative and adapt to wholesale/retailers communication style– ie make cold phone calls for retailers that are not online
- Retailer and sales representative training on all items and promotions
- Ensure sales goals are met
- Weekly and/or monthly communication regarding sales goals and initiatives to sales reps
- Present new items and corporate initiatives through regular communication to wholesale customers and sales reps
- Participate in sales calls and meetings as needed
- Support wholesale customer service
- Contribute to and manage wholesale promotional strategies
- Assess and manage yearly and monthly sales reports
- Update new products spreadsheets for customers and sale reps
- Work closely with Marketing to grow sales using wholesale website, social media channels, and other marketing outlets
- Travel to and attend/work tradeshows up to 6 times per year
(known dates for 2022 are approx June 22-26, July 12-18- more dates may be added and are subject to change. Typically this role would not be at a show for more than 4 days. All travel expenses are covered, food is per diem)
- Represent The Type Set Co and forge new relationships and wholesale accounts!
- Help design and merchandise trade show booths as needed
Performance bonuses will be assessed quarterly and will be based on sales numbers and goals met and exceeded.
This could be you if…
- You are a true go-getter and initiative taker
- You think our IG posts are funny and fun
- You want to be a part of an emerging brand that is bringing joy to modern family homes
- You LOVE people and want a job where working with people is your focus
- You have experience in sales and managing other folks in sales
- Once you get the hang of things, you like to be self directed in individual tasks and you love collaboration with team when projects call for it
- You are highly detail-oriented
- You like to be focused during work hours so you can have fun and do what fills you up outside of work hours
- You are a creative problem solver and you bring solutions to the table
- You are confident in taking ownership and being in charge of our sales department
- You can initiate conversations with people you don’t know pretty easily
- You are an outstanding communicator and have strong interpersonal skills
- You are excited to be in a role where you head sales but don’t have to create actual marketing assets 😉 You just train reps and retailers how to use them to maximize their impact
- Google Drive
- Trello (project management software)
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application! https://airtable.com/shrUkqYukHzJ7kE8q
We are accepting initial applications from now until Thurday, April 14th, 2022 6pm EDT
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a google meet video interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!