Are you an experienced accountant looking for a home at an established accounting firm where you can be a part of helping people and their businesses grow? Do you love the idea of taking on multiple accounts and creating the accounting strategy depending on the clients’ needs?
Good news! Total Accounting and Bookkeeping, Inc. is looking for a Client Account Manager to support multiple small business owners by managing their bookkeeping! At Total Accounting and Bookkeeping, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a fair, compassionate leader who has a passion for developing and promoting inclusion and a collaborative environment. We are looking for enthusiastic team members who are interested in developing their talents and contributing to the growth of the firm. We love helping our clients understand their financial performance and give guidance to help improve their profitability and drive informed decision-making. As a Black-owned business, we are also passionate about doing what we can to change the wealth disparities that our communities face to create more opportunities for folks to generate income for themselves.
Does this sound like a company you can get behind? Keep reading!
Client Account Manager
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for the bookkeeping from start to finish for multiple client accounts. This includes setting up and maintaining customer books as well as providing exceptional customer service. In some cases, this might mean tailoring accounting services to the clients’ needs. To be successful, you are someone who has a firm grasp of accounting principles. When a client comes to you with a request, you take the initiative to get it done and present options when approaching your manager with questions. You have plenty (5+ years) of experience, you love working with numbers, and are excited about getting to know your different clients and their business needs!
- Time Commitment: 40 hours/week
- Compensation: $60k-70k annually
- Benefits: Paid holidays, PTO, potential bonus structure
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is entirely remote.
- Status: This role is a full-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple client accounts and tailoring the services as necessary to make sure they get what their business requires
- Setting up client accounting files including creating the chart of accounts, linking to bank feeds and other integrated software, and opening balance sheet entries
- Taking initiative to learn how to do anything required of you that you are unsure of
- Learning the details of each account and performing all actions necessary for the accounts you are responsible for
- Recording accounts receivable transactions including invoices, payments, and deposits
- Running payroll or working with internal payroll team to record payroll entries
- Recording accounts payable transactions including bills and bill payments and possibly working with bill.com or other payables applications
- Recording expenses, monitoring client cash flow, and recurring expenditures.
- Recording journal entries, including depreciation and amortization and other adjustments
- Creating regular financial reporting packages as well as ad hoc reports as needed
- Ensuring automated reports sent to clients are updated and delivered on a timely basis
- Aiding in implementing policies and documenting client procedures
This could be you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper or accountant
- You take initiative and can handle multiple tasks with varying priority levels
- You care about the success of your clients and are excited about helping them with their financials so their businesses can thrive
- You are interested in helping our accounting firm grow to the next level and beyond
- You’re very organized and know how to manage your time
- You have experience managing multiple client accounts
- You’re excited to be a part of a company that aligns with your values
- You’re looking for a company you can settle into and grow with
- You love challenges and are ready to use your skills to help people
- You want to have good relationships with your clients
- You’re constantly looking for ways to streamline processes for efficiency, and you’re comfortable with voicing your opinions
- You love contributing to a positive and inclusive work environment and love connecting deeply with your team as well as with your clients
- You love learning new things and are looking to grow professionally and mentally (you love to stretch your brain!)
Software you need to know:
- Office 365 (Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams)
- QuickBooks Online
- Google Suite
Other software that is good to know:
- QuickBooks Time (TSheets)
- QuickBooks Payroll
We are accepting initial applications from now until October 17th, 2021, at 5pm CT. Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis, and the sooner you apply, the better!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+, and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to an interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!