Katie Harrington Design, a Showit development agency, is hiring a Showit Developer Subcontractor! This female-owned agency takes mock ups from designers and builds beautiful and functional websites using the Showit platform and support with backend tech! CEO + Founder, Katie, has a passion for working with other creatives, drinks way too much coffee and nerds out on typography, and Showit.
We are a small team and are so excited to bring on a Showit Developer to bring some kickass website designs to life!
This is a subcontracted position (1099, we get the clients, do the management, you get to do the website building and team working)
Candidates based in the US and Canada are preferred
Time commitment: Starting at 15-20 hours per month with room to grow as we sell more projects. Generally online M-F and available for 24 hour response times or less for team communication
Compensation: per project (usually $100 per page, we typically have 6 page websites with a 2 week turnaround including revisions, projects starting at $600 per project, plus possible hourly revisions/tech support)
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
– Build websites on Showit platform
–Take designer created mock ups and replicate the mock up design as closely as possible on the platform
– Problem solve and troubleshoot what the client wants versus what the platform allows throughout the development process
– Manage Outside Platform Embedding
– Executing Interactive Features that Showit offers
– Customize Templates
– Support with all things Showit development from the start to finish of the website launch
– Miscellaneous Showit updates/edits as needed (hourly)
– Check Slack and Email daily during daily M-F
–Communicate regularly with Project Manager
– Suggest process improvements as they come up
– you consider yourself a Showit kween/king!!!
– you know the ins and outs of taking a site from a mockup file to launch
– you have basic wordpress knowledge (as the blogs on Showit are backed by wordpress)
– you understand the functionalities and limitations of the Showit platform
– you can come up with alternative solutions (plugins, etc) in response to platform limitations
– you are down to do trial and error when it comes to installing and trying plugins
– you know showit facts like how many pixels wide showit works in
– you love providing quality work and are of the mindset “underpromise and over deliver and wow people”
– you are seriously detail oriented (AF because you know, websites)
– once you know what you’re doing, you can run with it and work independently
– nothing thrills you more than knocking off your to-dos from your checklist
– you’re excited to jump onto new projects!
– you want to subcontract some web builds so that you don’t have to market yourself or PM yourself and clients
– you just love implementing!
– you’re organized
– you have web design experience
– you have a design eye– you can easily see if spacing is off, etc
– for example, you know the difference between the letter kerning in photoshop versus the letter spacing options that Showit offers
– (bonus) you have basic CSS coding and general knowledge
– maybe you’re self taught in all of this (because so are we)
– you have a part time job or a full time job or freelance clients and want more projects
– (bonus) you are a typo hawk and can spot a typo from la mile away
– you truly care about providing excellent work for clients
– you double and triple check your work
– you consider yourself to be resourceful and love figuring things out
– you are really confident with your working knowledge of showit
– you want to be a part of a team and contribute to a team culture of support and belonging
– you truly love connecting with people
– (bonus) you’re not averse to curse words
– you are interested in personal and professional development
Showit (Please note that with Showit, we can train on how to take Mock Up files from different design tools like Illustrator, In Design, XD, Photoshop and integrate them with Showit)
FloDesk (email software scheduler)
Mailchimp- Preferred, not required
Convertkit- Preferred, not required
Lightwidget- Preferred, not required
Click on this link!
We are accepting initial applications from now until Monday November 16th at 12:00PM Central Time.
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, you’re available to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!