Are you a versatile Junior Graphic Designer that wants to work for a CEO that believes work should be a place of growth and contribution, not something that sucks the life out of you? Do you want to work in an organization that has clients with these values as well? This may be the design role for you!
Shapes & Colors, by Jolinda is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join their team!
Shapes & Colors, by Jolinda is founded and led by Jolinda, a skilled and experienced graphic and web designer whose passion is to help business owners use visual communication to make their companies and their marketing work better. She loves to see people excited about who they are and what they’re here to do in the world. Growing up in rural southern Virginia on a farm, Jolinda learned the power of community and the power of keeping your word. She strives to bring the highest level of service and communication to her clients.
Overview of Junior Graphic Designer Role
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with our clients as well as other designers on projects to create designs that represent the unique brands we work with. You are someone who loves working with clients who are intentional and purposeful, you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it, and you love how little details make all the difference in design projects.
- Time Commitment:15-25 hours/week within 9-5 Eastern (this role is expected to go full time after 90 days)
- Compensation: $20-$25 per hour commensurate with relevant experience
- Benefits: Flexible schedule, remote
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote, preference will be given to those in the Eastern time zone.
- Status: This role is a part time EMPLOYEE/W2 role. You must be legally authorized to work as a W2 Employee in the United States.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting Creative Director with design projects, from concept research to design implementation
- Executing on direction given by Creative Director on projects ranging from logo/brand identity design, signage, print collateral, website design, and other digital assets
- Developing brand style guides and contributing to the evolution of existing brand identities
- Implementing design refinements (size changes, text changes, etc.)
- Exporting files as needed for clients
- Attending client kick off meetings to review brand briefs or website projects
- Work within time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Identify and communicate issues with fine details and timelines.
This could be you if…
- You have a service-first mentality and respect is a core value of yours
- You have a passion for graphic design and approach projects with a positive attitude and a willingness to get things done
- You have experience in graphic design and brand creation (logo, color specifying, print layout, etc)
- You are a versatile designer and get excited about working on a variety of projects across different design styles
- You are a team player and enjoy a collaborative design environment
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator who is comfortable collaborating with and taking direction from the CEO/Creative Director
- You are a detail-oriented multi-tasker who is able to adhere to project timelines in a deadline-driven environment
- You are extremely proactive and ask questions if there are gaps in your understanding
- You enjoy variety in your day-to-day
- You want to work with an intimate team
- You have a desire for growth
- You bring a kind, positive attitude to your work environment
- You are ready for a boss that believes in your growth and will treat you as a human first
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, etc.)
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application! https://airtable.com/shriW7EHKojFX2YoS
We are accepting initial applications from now until November 30, 2022
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a video interview on google meet.
We can’t wait to hear from you!