“I love SerenityYoga because the teachers there look like me and talk like me. They are truly compassionate and 100% of the time I leave class feeling physically and emotionally better than when I arrived.” ~ Meredith S.
It’s words like this that make Serenity Yoga such a special place.
Since 2012, our goal has been to provide a safe space where our students & community feel welcome to both learn & practice yoga while nurturing their mental health & spiritual well being. We’re real people, doing real yoga, with our real bodies. It’s an authentic experience that aims to bring a renewed sense of calm to your day.
As the owner of Serenity Yoga, Michele Lyman has learned that a huge part of yoga is finding compassion for yourself & others. And it’s this same experience that she shares with everyone who walks through the studio doors, signs up for a virtual class, or takes an online course.
And now, we’re thrilled to share that we’re expanding our team with the addition of an Operations Manager!
In this role, you’ll be an integral part of supporting business growth by wrapping your arms around the day-to-day operations of the established in-person (when it’s safe) and growing online divisions of Serenity Yoga. You’ll work hand-in-hand with the owner, students, teachers, & community to make sure everything runs smoothly and is always getting better.
- Time Commitment: 15 hours per week with room to grow; Monday to Friday (you’ll work with the owner to set a specific schedule that meets business needs and fits your life)
- Compensation: $20/hour with room to grow
- Location: Anywhere in the United States– this role is fully remote
- Status: You’ll be an employee and must be authorized to legally work in the United States
Studio Programming & Coordination
- Lead the overall coordination of the in-studio & online offerings for classes, workshops, studio rentals, and any other programming or events.
- Create open channels of team communication by proactively building relationships with the teachers & other members of the Serenity team.
- Ensure everyone always knows what’s happening & when by proactively gathering & responding to teacher requests for schedule changes, new class offerings, substitutions, and any other logistical updates.
- Make it easy for clients to register & pay at any time by maintaining an accurate schedule of program offerings, pricing, teacher pay rates & availability in the client-facing online registration system (Mindbody) and on the studio website. Ensure timely resolution & communication for any conflicts or issues that come up.
Marketing, Sales, & Community Relations
- Be the studio’s hype squad by developing, maintaining, and executing our online content calendar of social media posts, emails, & advertising to showcase class offerings, company values, testimonials, and other relevant content.
- Show our followers some love by engaging with them on social media. Have conversations, slide in their DM’s, answer questions, share our offers, and invite them to join us for a class or two.
- Amplify our collective impact by creating & executing an outreach & communications plan that develops partnership & sponsorship opportunities with other aligned local & online business connections.
- Help followers become clients by developing & executing a process to generate leads and help the right ones sign up.
- Let clients know we care by proactively resolving inquiries, requests, issues, and any other client communication within 24-hours, Monday to Friday. Solve problems by striking a balance between what’s right for the studio & what’s best for the client.
Projects & Other Assignments
- Support the Owner on sales, marketing, and/or operations projects as requested.
This could be you if…
- You have 2-4 years of experience servicing customers & managing the back end operations of a business. Think restaurant or retail store manager and you’ll be on the right track.
- You’re skilled at collecting all the individual pieces and organizing them until you have an outcome that’s productive & considers everyone’s needs.
- You can build relationships with all kinds of people; always from a place of fairness, integrity, kindness, and care.
- You enjoy addressing clients’ concerns and aim to have them feel heard, understood, and supported.
- You’re a strong communicator. Whether it’s written or verbally, you strike a healthy balance between being honest, clear, and considering how your words & tone will make someone else feel.
- You enjoy using technology and learning new platforms sounds like fun!
- You already have ideas about how to use Facebook, Instagram, & Pinterest to make new connections and get visible. And what you don’t know, you’ll definitely learn!
- You can create basic designs in Canva with an eye for correct spacing, no typos, and impactful images. No serious graphic design skills necessary, but you pay close attention to the details!
- You enjoy the challenge of meeting new people, starting conversations, and looking for ways to build partnerships that matter.
- You’re an action-oriented, self-starter. You get your work done on time (or early) and pride yourself on not needing to be managed to meet your deadlines.
- You’re personally committed to improving yourself, learning, and getting better every day.
- When facing new challenges, you rely on your resourcefulness to get up to speed, find solutions, and make a quick & meaningful impact.
- You can take an idea and turn it into a step-by-step plan with accurate timelines and ways to keep all the right people updated as you go.
- Crossing things off of your to-do list brings you the most joy. You’re on top of your tasks and don’t like to procrastinate! Why do tomorrow what you can do today?!
- GSuite to create and share docs & spreadsheets
- MindBody to share our program offerings with clients for registration & payment
- Brandbot to market our classes & send reminders to clients
- Trello to manage projects, assign tasks, track progress, and cross things off the list!
- Dropbox to store shared files
- Quicktime Player for video editing
- Squarespace to host our website
- Canva to create graphics & images
- Convertkit to manage client emails & communications
- Namastream to create online courses & events
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application!
We are accepting initial applications from now until Friday February12th at 6pm EST.
As a company, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities to apply.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a video interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!