Sandra Coan Education is an online education company on a mission to help other photographers reach the level of success in their photography businesses that they want and deserve. We serve our students through artificial lighting courses as well as with business and branding support in The Six Figure Studio community. What we love to do is empower female photographers to build strong brands and profitable businesses while mastering their craft.
We are looking to expand our small but mighty team so that we can support even more photographers in growing their businesses! We are hiring a Community Manager + Marketing Assistant role to manage our Facebook groups and support our social media marketing strategies. This person will work directly with the team’s Online Business Manager. The Community Manager + Marketing Assistant is a new position at our company and will be working behind the scenes and supporting our community members and clients and making space for our CEO to lead effectively. If you’re inspired by empowering women to build profitable businesses, we hope you apply!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities are encouraged to apply.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week with room to grow, team calls Tuesdays or Thursdays, online everyday M-F, occasional weekends/nights during pre-planned launch periods only
Compensation: starting at $18-22 per hour
Contractor 1099 Position
Preferred location: North or South America
As the Community Manager + Marketing Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining the health of three to four Facebook groups regularly. Additionally, you will manage all launch-related pop-up groups, as required.
–Writing, editing, and scheduling daily content prompts for our Facebook community groups designed to build relationships and engagement among members
– Drafting “logistical” posts for the community, as needed. This can be Zoom/bonus call reminders, testimonial asks, community surveys, etc.
– Creating and maintaining a database of canned comments/responses
– Pulling and organizing testimonials and client “wins” to use in Instagram stories and for future promotion
– Staying up-to-date on Sandra’s courses and podcast so that you fully understand what we teach and how we serve our clients
– Adding members to our Facebook groups Monday-Friday, within 24 hours of requesting, using the GroupFunnels extension
– Welcoming new members to – and engaging with – our Facebook groups every Monday
– Overseeing community support and daily monitoring in our various Facebook groups to promptly assist, solve, or support members through a question or problem
– Engaging with community members both as Sandra Coan and Team Sandra Coan, alerting Sandra to questions that need her attention
– Moderating community content in Facebook groups to ensure that all posts and comments adhere to group rules
– Serving as the cheerleader for our community members and sharing their wins with the team
– Reporting any content suggestions and/or customer feedback to our OBM
– Cleaning inactive accounts and spam monthly in Facebook groups
– Monitoring and reporting Facebook group metric
– Researching and implementing Facebook group automations
– Repurposing blog, podcast, and course content
– Creating on-brand graphics in Canva
– Re-designing and maintaining a large database library of social media content (for future repurposing)
– Staying up-to-date on and implementing Facebook group marketing trends, where applicable
– Working with our OBM to update social media management standard operating procedures and Facebook group “best practices”
– Creating solutions and new ideas for issues and broken processes based on customer feedback and/or general observations
– Monitoring and responding to emails to promptly assist, solve, or support member questions and concerns
– Attending weekly team meetings and co-working sessions
– Posting content from each podcast episode to our newsletter, blog, iTunes, and social media channels
– Monitoring and supporting communication via Direct Messages on Facebook and Instagram daily
– Managing our company Facebook and Instagram pages
– Monitoring and reporting social media metrics
– Managing our podcast workflow and writing show-notes
– you are passionate about empowering women to build profitable businesses (because when women have money, they change the world!)
– you love and crave connecting with people and communicate warmly with others
– you like doing the daily repetitive tasks that are required for Facebook community management!
– you enjoy being active on Facebook and love keeping up with the latest social media trends (you probably knew what TikTok was before we did)
– you get excited about working on a team with the vision to empower people to create profitable creative businesses
– you want to work behind the scenes to help grow a company whose mission inspires you
– you really want to be a part of a team
– you are a free-agent, in other words, we’d be hiring you and not your agency or your assistant (the agency model isn’t for us for this role)
– you want to have the flexibility to work from home
– you are what they call “a go-getter” and a self-starter
– you lead with integrity
– you are punctual
– you are extremely communicative (I mean, we’re working remotely – so communication is key!)
– you want to be inside our Facebook communities everyday M-F
– you are tech savvy
– you have experience in a similar role of Facebook community management or social media management (or you have the know-how, background, and the resourcefulness needed to do the job)
– you are committed to continuously learning – improving your skills and developing yourself is a fabric of who you are
– you are excited to work with Sandra Coan and her team as she grows her influence in the photography and online education spaces
– you are creative and always thinking ahead
– you love getting things done and crossing them off of your list (especially the “plug and play” activities of social media content scheduling and the like)
– you have excellent written communication skills and you can spot a typo a mile away
– you have strong attention to detail
– you have excellent interpersonal skills and you “get it” when you need to ensure discretion and confidentiality in certain situations
– you like strategy and want to provide suggestions on how to improve marketing efforts
– you are curious about the world of online course marketing and while you may not consider yourself an expert, you aren’t afraid and overwhelmed by terms such as “marketing funnel” and “lead generation”
– you can easily connect with people, especially via DMs
– you aren’t helping other photographers grow their businesses
– Facebook + Facebook Groups
– ClickUp (project management software, we are willing to train)
– Gmail + Google Workspace (formally GSuite)
– Google sheets
We are accepting initial applications from now until Monday November 9th at 5:00pm PT.
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We empower female photographers to build strong brands and profitable businesses while mastering their craft.
Our primary service teaches photographers how to create natural looking light with strobes and flash.
We are passionate about teaching this skill because, as photographers, light is the cornerstone of what we do. And when you are in control of your light, you are able to bring a level of consistency to your work that enables you to build a strong brand, stand out in a saturated industry, and make more money doing what you love.
We do not shy away from teaching photographers how to be more profitable and we proudly talk about money, because we believe that when women make money, they change the world for the better.
Sandra Coan is an award-winning newborn and family photographer, industry educator, and best selling author.
Since starting in 1999, Sandra has grown her business from a side hustle to a multiple six-figures.
The impact that photography has had in her own life fuels Sandra’s passion as an educator.
She has taught thousands of photographers from around the world how to create natural-looking light with strobes and flash through her signature course, The Missing Link and through her book, Crafting the Natural Light Look.
Her mission is to help others build profitable brands by building consistency in their work through a better understanding of light.