Are you a dynamic, data-driven web design and development professional seeking a role with a company looking to make real impact? Are you driven by designing and building websites that convert traffic into new leads? Does the idea of developing processes for web maintenance light you up? Do you want to find a job where you feel like you’re making a difference in your community as well as for the small businesses you are working with?
In comes Reach! We are an inbound marketing agency that focuses on building digital strategies to attract, engage, and nurture the right customer to increase our clients’ bottom line. We don’t just work with any company; we work exclusively with companies that add value to our community here in Central Florida. Reach’s values are about giving back to our community in every way possible, from office volunteer days to helping our local small businesses thrive. We also care about our team – you are given unlimited vacation days as well as full benefits, and while we have regular office hours, there is flexibility within them depending on your needs. We believe you work hard AND you play hard, and we’re looking for a Web Designer + Front End Developer to join our values-driven team.
Overview of Web Designer + Front End Developer Role
Reporting to the Director of Web Strategy and Development, you’ll be responsible for both designing, developing, and maintaining our clients’ Webflow and WordPress websites. To be a rockstar in this role, you are someone who loves UX/UI design, problem-solving, and designing and building effective websites that reach client sales and marketing goals!
- Time Commitment: 40 hours/week Monday through Thursday
- Compensation: $41,000 per year
- Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 17 Paid Holidays per year, Professional Development
- Location: Kissimmee, FL- hybrid remote 2 days per week and in person 2 days per week
- Status: This role is a EMPLOYEE/W2 role. You must be legally authorized to work as a W2 Employee in the United States.
Design + Development Specific:
- Work with Director of Web Strategy and Development and team to create web design strategy for client websites
- Design website layouts in Figma, Adobe Suite, etc that you will develop in Webflow and WordPress.
- Develop and implement front-end web code and design standards for client websites.
- Write clean, semantic code.
- Use WebFlow or WordPress to develop new websites from start to finish from approved strategy and designs.
- Maintain completed websites.
- Assist with the execution of digital strategy to ensure clients and team members are on the right track to converting leads as it pertains to user experience, SEO, etc.
- Create and/or review wireframes and mockups or brand new site pages, provide direction to management.
- Write and proofread copy for websites ensuring it is client-ready prior to sending
- Work with web team to find solutions to clients’ needs, ie researching plugins, CRMs, other software etc
- Support team and clients in new website setup including hosting, buying domains, setting up email accounts etc.
- Use UI/UX best practices. Be a problem solver with everything you develop to improve a user’s experience and drive action.
- Design for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Collaboration + Strategy:
- Communicate and lead presentations to Reach clients – you are a crucial part of the team and we need our developers to not only be versed in web, but also know how to communicate strategy and rationale in a way that makes sense to our clients
- Collaborate with appropriate marketing teammates, designers, and other project stakeholders as needed to bring the full project together.
- Implement project scopes and stick to tight deadlines
- In collaboration with our sales team, proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our website experience for prospects, leads, and customers.
- Periodically do website and marketing combthroughs/audits for sales prospects and clients
- Use your creative intuition but able to gut check and course-correct with data, as well as report results and optimize using data.
- Work with content team to ensure that they are on the right track to converting leads in conjunction with clients’ web SEO, keywords etc.
- Help content team pull website analytics for reports.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology and emerging best practices in the UI community.
- Gain expert-level knowledge of our clients’ industries and products/services.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Web Strategy and Development.
This could be you if…
- You have an eye for design and are strong in design basics like typography and color theory.
- You have strong graphic and web design acumen and experience in Adobe Suite.
- You are a strong problem solver and have a track record of using design and web design/development to achieve client objectives and sales goals.
- You feel a lot of satisfaction by a job well done and knocking projects off of your to-do list.
- You love collaboration and want to work closely with a team.
- You know how to translate technical concepts and rationale to clients in a way that makes sense. At your core, you are a people person who also loves design and code.
- You have a strong understanding of new website setup and how to bring a website online, including hosting, buying and connecting domains, setting up email accounts, etc.
- You have strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You’re detail-oriented and organized, and will always make a second pass to make sure everything is in order without compromising time constraints.
- You thrive on deadlines and love getting things done, and know how to communicate and prioritize when a deadline is in jeopardy.
- You think on your feet and can make decisions quickly and with good judgment.
- You want to learn skills in every realm of web design to best help your clients.
- Preferably you have a BA/BS in Web Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or a related field.
- You want to find a company that cares about you, your team members, and your clients.
- You live in or around Kissimmee, FL, and are willing to commute to and work from the office at least 2 days a week.
- You enjoy team building and company culture and are excited to be a part of a team that is well-known and respected in the community.
Why you’ll love working at Reach:
- In this position, you are immediately part of a strong team that values collaboration. If you feel immense satisfaction from a job well done with a team and built-in community, you’re in the right place.
- You are working for a values-driven workplace with a culture built around supporting its employees and working exclusively for clients that are aligned with our values.
- You will have work policies that are supportive of real life and a boss who cares about you as a person and your development as a professional
- You will instantly be a part of a well-known and established team and brand in the community
- Did you see that you have a four day work week and only 2 in-office days and 2 remote days?
- You’ll work at an agency that prioritizes impactful work and is highly selective with the clients they work with– we work with businesses that are impact driven and contributing to our community
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Office Suite
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application! https://airtable.com/shruaSLANMaWvc1Uf
We are accepting initial applications from now until March 8, 2023.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a video interview on google meet.
We can’t wait to hear from you!