Are you a bookkeeper who loves what you do and is excited about working online? Do you love the idea of helping a diverse group of entrepreneurs with something that is often the most stressful part of owning a business: the financials?
You’re in luck! My Virtual CFO, by Aimee LaLiberte, is hiring! At My Virtual CFO, we believe clarity in your business financials creates confidence – and we’re here to help small businesses do just that. We believe in full transparency and we strive to build strong relationships with our clients, and we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to financials. We help our clients create their own relationship with their money by being open, compassionate, and transparent so that we can best help them reach their goals.
Now, we’re looking for a Bookkeeping Specialist who can help with our client load and manage accounts! Does this sound like it could be you? Keep reading!
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities for client accounts under the direction of the CEO. You will have a front seat in helping manage client accounts and providing stellar customer service. You are someone who is highly organized and lights up about numbers – and someone excited about completing bookkeeping tasks that help support clients and their business!
- Time Commitment: 40 hours/week
- Compensation: $40k/year, with quarterly bonus structures based on personal metrics and profit-sharing
- Benefits: Cell phone reimbursement and PTO
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote. (Please note you will have to be available to work within business hours in the Eastern time zone for the first 90 days)
- Status: This role is a full-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing bank reconciliations in account management software
- Managing accounts receivable for clients
- Managing accounts payable for clients
- Handling highly sensitive and confidential information for clients
- Providing professional customer service to clients when asking or answering questions
- Working with a very diverse group of clients (clients with 6 and 7 figure businesses, and clients with quickly growing accounts)
- Managing your own time and ensuring your tasks are completed
- Figuring out anything you don’t know or aren’t sure about before asking the client or CEO
This could be you if…
- You take your work very seriously
- You have bookkeeping experience and understand basic accounting principles
- You own your results and take initiative
- You have bookkeeping experience and know your stuff
- You’re confident in your bookkeeping abilities and can use your experience and resources to find solutions
- You look at the bank accounts of clients as if they are your own
- You take initiative and you know how to figure things out on your own
- You have a healthy relationship with money and understand that money is morally neutral
- You understand that organization of money is the epicenter of what we do and you enjoy the technology behind accounting
- You love numbers and are excited about spreadsheets (or, at least, spreadsheets don’t overwhelm you)
- You love technology and are excited about working within the online space
- You’re a self-starter and have strong time management skills
- You are okay with working on your own (actually, you’re excited about it)
- You know how to read financial reports and understand how to draw conclusions from them
- You’re passionate about money and serving clients by helping them gain confidence and clarity in their financials
- You’re excited to support an entrepreneur in her business, as well as multiple other entrepreneurs within their finances
- You value your work/life blend and have boundaries around your work (and respect the boundaries of others)
- You love the idea of working with a diverse group of clients
- Payroll providers (i.e. Gusto)
- Dext (formerly known as Receipt Bank)
We are accepting initial applications from now until August 24th, 2021 at 2pm CT. Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis and the sooner you apply, the better!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a zoom interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!