The Merriweather Council is an independent education company that provides training, support and mentorship to small, handmade business owners. We believe in leading makers to become empowered business owners and achieve success on their own terms through our course and membership program. The company is founded by CEO Danielle Spurge, who is a mentor to craft based business owners and teaches makers how to monetize their crafty tendencies by selling their work online using tools like Etsy, Shopify, etc. We support our audience and customers through our main membership program, The Council, our training course for Etsy sellers, and our Podcast.
Our small but mighty team is growing! We are looking for a Customer Service and Administrative Assistant to support our customers and our team!
The Merriweather Council values teamwork and team culture. We encourage thinking outside the box to solve problems + independent thinking for stronger collaborative work across the company. We appreciate having a variety of perspectives present on our team. It is important to us that all team members are honest with themselves and the rest of the team and maintain a high level of integrity. Reliability is key!
People of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities are encouraged to apply
Overview of Customer Service and Administrative Assistant
This role will be a W2 employee position (after a 90 day contract trial period) and is starting at 15 hours hours per week and compensation starts at $17/h, and will raise to $18/h after 90 days if successfully hitting job expectations.
–Candidates must be based in the US and authorized to work in the US to be considered for this role as it is for a W2 employment status.
–This role requires 15 hours per week within the window of M-F 9am-4pm Central for 2 hours per day M-F and 2 hours during the weekend. (Schedule of hours will be determined based on candidate’s availability)
Customer Success and Administrative Support*:
*We have Standard Operating Procedures and Systems in place for these responsibilities
– Customer Support and Communication– Monitoring the inbox daily M-F and reply to customer emails within 24 hours + weekend inbox monitoring
– Assist with tech problems like lost passwords
– General trouble shooting when clients run into tech problems (the things that are figure-outable via google and SOPs)
– Change passwords as needed in the course platform software, etc
– Follow up with customers and resolve questions
– Billing, tracking payments, failed payment recovery, daily reports to COO
– Schedule Reminder Emails for students in the Membership
– Schedule facebook posts
– Data Entry
– Monitor inbox and forward emails to COO or CEO as needed
– Calendar scheduling
– managing membership enrollments
Marketing + Sales Support:
– Answer questions for potential customers who watch our webinar (we have SOPs and training to get you up to speed) in the inbox
– light graphics creation (bonus, not a requirement)
– Public Relationships support: sort through emails of potential Podcast guests and requests for CEO to appear at conferences and summits
– weekly team meetings
– daily Slack checkins
– update task progress in Project Management software daily
This could be you if:
-you love customer service and have a background in supporting people in this capacity!
-you enjoy talking to people and creating connections with other humans
– you enjoy the details and working in the details energizes you
– you are looking for a position with consistent and reliable hours
– you want to support a business more behind the scenes
– you want to work on a close knit, female-led team
– you have an appreciation for handmade work and the arts (you certainly don’t need to be a craft or maker yourself!- but you’re interested in supporting them!)
– while you love to ask questions, you are resourceful and love to look at Standard Operating Procedures and Google and getting as far as you can on your own
– you enjoy doing implementation work and feel a satisfaction of crossing things off of your to-do list
– you love learning new things and comfortable learning new technologies
– you can tolerate Backstreet Boys references, The Office references, and Gifs (no prior knowledge of any of these things required 😉 )
– you love to help and solve problems and relate to customers while also maintaining boundaries and company policies
– you love collaborating on a team and bringing suggestions and process improvements to the table! Some might say you are solutions oriented!
-you enjoy working in an email inbox and feel a satisfaction of crossing things off of your to-do list
– you enjoy interacting with people and want to work on a team
– you are enjoy collaborating and interacting with team
– client experience matters to you
– you’ve heard of Etsy before and know what it’s used for
Google Workspace (formerly known as Gsuite)- gmail, google sheets, google docs, google calendar, etc
Other softwares we use (and we will train- we don’t expect applicants to know these softwares)
Stripe/Stunning (payment processors)
We are accepting initial applications from now until Monday February 8th, 2021 at 12pm CST.
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!