Do you want to work for a company that feels like a family and prioritizes anti-racism in their hiring work? Are you looking for a job that is flexible in a growing company where you feel like you’re making a difference in the online community? This job could be for you!
We are Meg K Co, a hiring agency for conscious online businesses, and we’re looking to add a Hiring Strategist to our small but mighty team! We hire aligned support for values-driven online businesses that range from online educators, coaches, and service providers. Our primary goal is to ensure success and safety for all parties and to give equal opportunity in every role we hire for. We are a company committed to anti-racism and only work with companies who are aligned with anti-racism, and we want someone who supports our goals!
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be an integral part of our hiring process from the onboarding stage for new clients through the point when offer letters are sent out to the right candidate. Along with the rest of our team, you’ll be with the client every step of the way to help them find their next aligned hire, and through it all, you’ll be committed to DEI practices to ensure we are giving an equal opportunity to everyone that we can along the way.
To rock this role, you’ll need to be flexible and service-oriented. You want to provide the best experience for clients, candidates, and team members! You are ready to hit the ground running while looking for growth opportunities within our systems and processes. Black Lives Matter, and you believe in upholding that in every way possible within the company, and you know continuous learning and growth are required to do that.
- Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
- Compensation: $19 per hour
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote
- Status: This role is for a part-time employee. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
You will be interacting with clients on a regular basis, including:
- Hosting connection calls with potential new clients as needed to answer questions
- Attending client onboarding calls to discuss client hiring needs
- Hosting interviews between clients and candidates
- Checking in with clients as needed and fielding any questions they have
You will be an essential part of our hiring workflow:
- Creating a job posting that best describes the position to attract the right people
- Strategizing job boards to post on in order to attract the most aligned candidates
- Screening candidates as they apply to find the most qualified and culturally aligned people for each position
- Adjusting the job posting as needed in order to find the right candidates
- Scheduling interviews between yourself, the clients, and candidates and hosting the interview
- Create paid assessments for top candidates and screen results of paid assessments along with the client
- Helping clients identify their top candidates!
You will be an integral part of our team and regularly communicate with your team members:
- Being a part of weekly check-ins and keeping your other team members up to date with your workflow
- Communicating via Slack daily with other team members regarding clients/client updates and various tasks
You will be essential to helping our business grow:
- Helping streamline processes and communication to help productivity and time management
- Identifying gaps and discussing best practices to fill them with the rest of the team
- Providing stability as well as flexibility as our business grows
This could be you if…
- You love the idea of helping CEOs scale their business
- You love social justice and resonate with your company’s mission
- You’re open to learning more about anti-racism
- You’re interested in psychology and strategy behind humanity (why humans behave why they do)
- You’re interested in humanity– you know that multifaceted humans and you’re interested in their nuances, differences, what makes them unique and happy!
- You love problem-solving
- You like having FUN and can bring fun to these technical and serious projects. You’re wanting to be a part of a team with a culture of taking things seriously but never take ourselves seriously. Laughter is our middle name.
- You can see how being flexible and being organized are not mutually exclusive.
- You’re cool with ever-changing processes (because in hiring, we’re dealing with a lot of aspects that we can’t control- like human beings, the job market, etc)
- You enjoy doing client-facing tasks and talking to people on ye old Zoom
- You want to find a team where you can be you and where you feel at home
- You’re curious and open-minded
- You can get on board with supporting online entrepreneurs in getting really aligned support (and some peace and growth!) You’re looking for a job that can pay regularly that you can grow with. Doing within your skill-set excites you!
- You enjoy matchmaking – finding aligned people for the right companies sounds like fun to you
- You can take direction from written and verbal formats and turn either into procedures and details. Details will come from the team, the CEO, and clients in many different formats, and you’re OK with that! You take what’s given to you and you can organize it into projects and processes that make sense.
- You’re flexible – doing things right and finding the best way to get them done is more important to you than sticking to the original plan
- You love getting things done and thrive in a team-oriented environment
- You’re organized and love to cross things off of your to-do list
- You value diversity and inclusion in the hiring process and want to be a part of creating strategies to ensure everyone gets an opportunity to apply for posted positions
- Google Suite
We are accepting initial applications from now until Friday, June 4th at 12pm EST. Please note we are screening applications on a rolling basis and so the sooner you submit your application, the better!
As a company, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all people regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, race, ability, religion, sexual identity, or any other personal identifier, to apply, even if you feel you don’t fit all of the job requirements.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a zoom interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!