The Human Connection Agency, a PR agency for purpose-driven entrepreneurs and businesses, is hiring!
We are hiring a Podcast Publicist to join our small but growing agency to take the lead on podcast pitching for our clients. We are a female-led agency that provides full-service PR for online service providers and product-based companies. Our services focus on podcasts (that’s where you’d come in!), publications, and television, depending on our clients’ goals.
Our team currently consists of our CEO, Brittney Lynn, two lead publicists, and PR assistants. We are excited to add another publicist to our team to focus solely on podcast pitching strategy and execution to help our clients get amazing visibility! Up until this point, our lead publicists have taken the lead of podcast efforts, and we are so excited to open up this role to one lead resident podcast enthusiast and publicist!
Hours: Up to 29 hours per week (part-time employee)
– online everyday M-F (excluding holidays), flexible but consistent hours within the 8am-5pm CST window
– Respond to emails with clients and podcast hosts with a 12-24 hour turnaround M-F
– client calls the first week of each month (starting at 3-4 hours of client calls)
– team calls for one hour on Mondays and a midweek touch base call mid week
Compensation: starting at $25 dollars per hour.
This role is a Part-time W2- Employee position.
Location: Remote, must be based in the US and eligible to work in the US.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
While PR experience is great, we encourage applicants who love podcasts and have a large working knowledge of podcasts to apply.
– Lead strategy for podcast pitching including what types of podcasts to pitch, pitch topics as well as crafting and sending podcast pitches
– Research Podcasts and update our SOP and spreadsheets accordingly
– Network and build relationships with Podcast hosts
– Flesh out talking points for podcast interviews
– Direct and provide strategy for PR assistant to research podcasts and draft pitches
– Collaborate with Lead publicist (account lead) in creating podcast strategy that is aligned with client goals and other PR efforts
– Respond to team or client communications via email and slack within or before 24 hours M-F
– Monitor email inbox and facilitate communications and scheduling between podcast hosts and clients
– Report monthly to clients with updates and metrics
– Participate in weekly team meetings
– Report to Lead Publicists who are lead for your assignments
Click this Link to Apply! https://forms.gle/bfPVPvW8SCoLDQBb9
–You love podcasts
–You would listen to podcasts all the time and would all day if you could
– You love writing
– You love researching (especially if it involves podcasts)
– You love brainstorming with clients and getting creative with problem solving
– You love supporting entrepreneurs
– You want to work on a close knit team (but virtual- not tooo close!)
– You love working virtually/remotely
– You like a variety of tasks and responsibilities in your workday
– You don’t mind working under a little bit of pressure (not large amounts of pressure are involved in this role, sometimes urgency is required with podcast PR)
– curiosity drives you and you love to learn
– You want to collaborate with team and clients
– you don’t have traditional PR training or agency experience
– you are interested in being a female-led, positive work culture with purpose-driven clients
– you value integrity and honesty, even (especially) when it’s uncomfortable
– you are open to challenging team or clients if pitches are out of integrity or misaligned with company values
– you take initiative and prioritize imperfect and timely action over striving for perfect action (you’re the ask for forgiveness instead of permission type of person when it comes to ideas and pitches)
–you are okay with the rejection that happens when every pitch doesn’t land
–you love to bring fresh ideas to the table to help clients reach their publicity goals
– you can communicate tactfully and respectfully
– you own up to your mistakes (The Human Connection Agency is a company where imperfect action is allowed and has a culture of taking responsibility and owning up to mistakes)
– you’ve read about our company’s values and you’re on board and can see yourself thriving in a company with these values– https://brittneyllynn.com/values/
– Bonus: You’re familiar with the online biz/ online entrepreneur world
Asana (project management software)
Slack (team communication software)
Voxer (team communication software)
Google Workspace (Gsuite)
Google sheets/ spreadsheets
Podcast platforms (apple/itunes, spotify, stitcher, etc)
Click on this link! https://forms.gle/bfPVPvW8SCoLDQBb9
We are accepting initial applications from now until Thursday February 18th at 5:00pm CST.
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward in our hiring process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future! If you move to the next steps, you will recieve an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com– please add these addresses to your contacts so you don’t miss communications from our hiring manager (we’d hate to not reach you because of a spam folder mishap)
We will ask follow up questions, interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview and a possible paid test (working interview).
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Click on this link to apply! https://forms.gle/bfPVPvW8SCoLDQBb9