Hiring Operations Assistant
We are Meg K and Co, a hiring agency for socially conscious micro businesses, and we’re looking to add a Hiring Operations Assistant to the team! We hire aligned support for values-driven businesses that range from service providers (copywriting agencies, web and brand agencies, e-commerce web agencies, and more!), coaches/online educators, and e-commerce brands.
Meg K and Co is founded by Megan Baker, a former public school teacher with a passion for social justice and creating more equity in hiring practices and job opportunities. Though Meg doesn’t have traditional HR experience, her education experience makes her great at deeply vetting candidates, and helping her clients uncover unconscious bias and see the potential in candidates and opportunities to develop talent. We only work with clients who have an interest in anti-racism and having a more just hiring process and business practices.
We are hiring on a part-time, remote Hiring Operations Assistant to assist Meg in the day-to-day operations of our hiring projects for our amazing clients and candidates! The majority of this role will be having initial video screening call conversations with outstanding candidates, and updating clients on hiring project statuses.
If you are interested in working with mission-driven companies, connecting with people on a personal level, and supporting a mission of dismantling racism and oppressive systems in business, keep on reading!
Hiring Operations Assistant
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be assisting the CEO with hosting initial screening interviews, screening applications, and communicating with our clients on the status of their projects. You’ll help our clients find their next aligned hire, and through it all, you’ll be committed to DEI practices to ensure we are giving an equal opportunity to everyone that we can along the way.
To be successful at this role, you’ll need to be personable and service-oriented. You want to provide the best experience for clients and candidates. You’ll have plenty of support from the CEO to learn our interview processes, and SOPs and email templates to support in communicating with clients. Black Lives Matter, and you believe in upholding that in every way possible within the company, and you know continuous learning and growth are required to do that.
- Time Commitment: 15 hours per week spread over 3-4 days M-F within the hours of 9-5 (schedule will be finalized based on availability)
- Compensation: $17 per hour
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote
- Status: This role is for a part-time employee. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Communicate with clients with updates via email weekly and as needed
- Using pre-written copy, support in promoting and posting job opportunities to different job boards per CEO’s direction
- Screen initial applications based on pre-determined criteria and direction from CEO
- Schedule initial interview screening calls with job candidates
- Conduct initial screening interview video calls
- Review candidate applications and take notes with any specific questions
- Coordinate with CEO to confirm interview strategy
- Follow our interview question script while authentically and professionally engaging with candidates
- Record videos and organize video recordings
- Update the candidate’s file with one paragraph summary write up
- Attend weekly or biweekly check-in meetings to discuss projects
- Communication with team on Slack as neeed
This could be you if…
- You love social justice and resonate with your company’s mission
- You’re open to learning more about anti racism
- You love to cross sh*t off your to-do list!
- You can think objectively and approach problems with a critical lens
- You love problem solving
- You can see how being flexible and being organized are not mutually exclusive.
- You want to support a small, woman-owned business that is tangibly supporting impact-driven companies
- You have a knack for having conversations with people– while you can follow a script and objectives for a conversation, you can connect with people and have a way of helping them feel comfortable and disarmed
- You’re curious and open-minded
- You enjoy a collaborative and connection driven work environment
- You value diversity and inclusion in the hiring process and want to be a part of creating strategies to ensure everyone gets an opportunity to apply for posted positions
- Google Workspace (gmail, google docs, google sheets, etc)
- Dubsado (for the scheduler- will train)
- Notion (will train)
- Airtable (will train)
- Canva (will train)
- ConvertKit (will train)
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application!
We are accepting initial applications from now until April Tuesday April 12th at 12pm CDT. Please note we are screening applications on a rolling basis and so the sooner you submit your application, the better!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a google meet video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!