Imagine that you’re doing the PR work that you love but for an agency that cares not only about its clients but also about its employees.
The work is fast-paced with the flexibility of working remotely. You do really fun work of creating pitches to print and tv media for clients that are inspiring and making a difference. You work on a values-driven team that leads with integrity, honesty, and community building.
Though you’re working remotely, you have an amazing community of team members and clients to interact with daily. If this sounds like your kind of PR job, keep reading.
We are The Human Connection Agency, a PR agency for purpose-driven authors, entrepreneurs and online businesses.
We are highly selective with who we represent and we work exclusively with business owners who are creating a big impact in the world, for the better. Yes, we’re a PR agency but we get to see the difference our clients make in people’s lives.
We are hiring a full-time Lead Publicist to join our small but growing agency. We are a female-led agency that provides full-service PR for online service providers and product-based companies. Our services focus on podcasts, publications, and television, depending on our clients’ goals.
We have a small and mighty team– we’re excited to add another Lead Publicist to our team so that we can continue to provide excellent service to even more clients!
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for being the lead on 9+ of our client accounts and creating a strategy that will amplify the impact of our client’s messages and work. We work primarily with authors, entrepreneurs, and online business owners.
You’ll have the support of a Junior Publicist as well as a Podcast Publicist who will assist on your accounts with crafting pitches, finding the best places to send pitches, and any other support you may need. You’ll be the main point of contact to the client and in charge of the overall strategy and success for the client.
To be really great at this role, you’ll need to be strong at multitasking and working on multiple accounts at once.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
Strategize and execute the publicity plans for your clients. You can jump into the emerging industry of authors and online entrepreneurs and create plans that will move our clients forward in alignment with their publicity and visibility goals. You are pitching new stories on your clients’ behalf to podcasts, publications, and tv and ensuring that the strategy is cohesive across all media.
Take excellent care of our clients. You are THE lead of your accounts. With the support of our Podcast Publicist and Junior Publicist, you are the main point of contact with our clients and will lead monthly touchpoint calls with your clients. You pay attention to the details and go the extra mile! Their success is your success.
Stay in the loop with what’s current and relevant in the media. You’re also continuously cultivating and maintaining relationships with media contacts to play the long game for the success of our clients’ publicity efforts.
Collaborate with our team. As the Lead Publicist, your primary responsibility and success metric is the placements you land for your clients. And we believe in team collaboration to make sure everyone has what they need. Your team responsibilities include updating the team and CEO on your accounts, prioritizing which accounts need immediate attention, pitching story ideas for your clients, and supporting the other team members when flushing out pitch ideas. We are a tight-knit team and meet internally weekly and talk frequently on Slack in between meetings.
– Have 3-5 years of PR agency experience as a Publicist (or you have worked in-house and are looking to get into an agency)
– Desire to work long-term in an agency setting; you don’t dream of being CEO of your own PR company
– Are an excellent writer and enjoy writing
– Are detail-oriented
– Aren’t afraid to multi-task and handle multiple accounts at once. You’re really great at prioritizing and not getting lost in overwhelm and analysis paralysis. While we don’t operate like most agencies, there is an urgency and fast-paced work environment that comes with the media and PR.
– Are knowledgeable about the media industry and how it works
–Love to bring fresh ideas to the table to help clients reach their publicity and visibility goals
– Take initiative and prioritize imperfect and timely action over striving for perfect action. You know how to move on from a mistake and do better next time.
– Are interested in being a female-led, positive work culture with purpose-driven clients.
– Value integrity and honesty, even (especially) when it’s uncomfortable
– Want to work on a close-knit, remote team
– Are comfortable doing the heavy lifting of strategy, in other words, you are creative and love coming up with unique ways in which you can pitch clients (this is NOT a role where we will tell you what to pitch, you are responsible for the strategy)
– You’ve read about our company’s values and you’re on board and can see yourself thriving in a company with these values
– Bonus: are familiar with the online business world
You will be notified if you have been chosen to move forward in our hiring process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will ask follow-up questions, interview, and test the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview and a possible paid test (working interview).
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We’ll take care of everything in the hiring pipeline from start to finish, from building out the role, to crafting the description, to posting it in front of a diverse audience, to screening and interviewing candidates. You can stay in your zone of genius while we handle the rest.
We’ll show you how to make your first or next hire in our self-paced, online course. You can confidently make your hire and learn and ins and outs of best hiring practices to get you to the next level.