At Dow Janes, we’re on a mission to build the financial confidence of women+ around the world. We believe that women+ with money have more choices and louder voices.
You’re on a close-knit, women-founded and led team whose purpose is to help women+ gain control and peace of mind with their finances.You play a key role in getting the word out about a community that is truly making a positive impact. Yes, you’re a marketer, but for a company that is changing the game for women+ everywhere.
You work on a team with these pillars:
- We have fun.
- We grow.
- We’re flexible.
- We solve problems.
- We get along.
If that sounds pretty great, keep reading…
We are Dow Janes and we teach women+ the art of personal finance. Through our year-long program, The Million Dollar Year, we teach women how to heal their relationships to money, the ins and outs of saving and budgeting, and other key foundational systems to get women+ ready to invest. We walk our students through exactly what they need to do to take control of their money so they can achieve their financial goals– fast.
We believe that financial freedom is a decision and doesn’t need to be a mystery. Our students get our proven, step by step process and have our amazing community to back them. 900 students have gone through our program and have amazing success stories.
“By the end of our time together, I’d surpassed my goals! I had not only saved up an emergency fund as was my original goal, but I invested for the first time in my life. The process felt way less intimidating and daunting with this community and guidance by my side.”
We want to grow our community and our impact to help our students pay off their debt, learn to save, invest their money, and change their lives. We make it fun and look at money holistically.
If you’d love to lead our organic marketing efforts and want to be part of the team that brings this mission to life, we want you to apply to join our team. Keep reading. No financial background necessary!
Organic Content Marketing Manager
Reporting to one of our founders, you’ll be responsible for launching our organic marketing efforts and expanding our reach to new channels.
You’re keeping the organic marketing balls in the air- managing our content calendar and our multiple marketing vendors, overseeing nurture content, and getting us onto new platforms like Youtube – so that they all work well individually and together to make sure we meet our business goals.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be strong at managing the many moving pieces that go into organic content creation, totally owning the content calendar, and leading the marketing team to new growth opportunities. Continuous growth is how you roll and you do it all with a natural balance between results & relationships to produce quality outcomes that make a real difference in the lives of our future Million Dollar Year students. This role is great for the type A creative that loves a PM software and creating structure to produce really thoughtful and effective content that is changing lives.
- Time Commitment: 15-20 hours/week with room to grow; Monday to Friday in any United States time zone
- Compensation: $25 – $35/hour USD, based on experience
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote
- Status: This role is a contractor position.
Creating + Managing Our Visibility Initiatives
- Help us get the word out by getting us booked on podcasts. You’ll do the research and the outreach and pitch us to podcast hosts where we can bring a lot of value to their audience. You’re also in charge of keeping track of the pitches and podcast research in excel.
- Start and build our presence on YouTube. You’re in the driver’s seat for creating the project plan and executing it with our different team members. You’re helping the co-founders flesh out their topic ideas into outlines and writing scripts. You’ll also manage vendors and oversee the publication process from filming, video editings, SEO keywords, and publishing. If you have a track record for overseeing YouTube projects, all the better!
- Repurpose Content on Blog and By Email. You’ll make sure that the brilliant content we are creating is reaching as many people as possible by repurposing it to our blog, email newsletter and other social media platforms.
Organic Content Creation Management
- Share our message with the world by creating & managing the overall content calendar through a collaborative creation process. You’ll become our go-to for the planning, creation, and distribution of our content across multiple platforms. You’ll create the accountability to make sure that all the pieces get done on time & on plan.
- Put your creative muscles to work by personally overseeing the development of individual pieces of content to nurture our audience while fulfilling the plan.
- Be the team’s primary content creator including script writing, content repurposing, and graphics creations for videos and blogs. You’re the resident swiss army knife of marketing.
- Oversee publishing of all content on organic channels including any blogs and website updates and content on our core marketing channels- facebook, instagram, facebook groups, YouTube and our email newsletter.
- Optimize new and existing content with SEO (especially with blogs and youtube)
- Come ready to pitch ideas to bring to the Co-Founders. They can create the original content (and it’s a bonus if you can take interviews and make it into content)
- Jumping on the collaboration train by proactively huddling with the Co-founders to help your ideas take shape, get aligned to the strategy, and get the big thumbs up.
- Get to know us & let us get to know you by proactively building relationships with everyone at Dow Janes in our team meetings & outside of them too. We actually like each other around here!
- Support the Co-Founders on other sales and/or marketing projects as requested.
- Be the data enthusiast by reviewing our analytics for email open rates, subject line effectiveness, hashtag performance, sales conversions, video views, webinar show up rates, post engagement, and any other metrics that help us make smart, well-informed, & effective business decisions. You’ll also help us create and track KPIs for the marketing team!
Online Marketing & Sales
- Help followers become students by using fun & warm sales copy to promote our webinars, marketing events, program offerings, and ultimately to boost our launches. You’re a boss at both the art & science of using CTAs to move followers along the customer journey and inspire them to engage, sign up, and buy. It’s all based on trust and you’re a big part of bringing that to life.
- Be on the hunt for ways we can expand our reach. Found a new way to get in front of our target audience? Great! Heard about a way to spread our message? Awesome! Know of a new platform we just gotta be on? Let’s do it! You’re on the pulse, keeping your marketing knowledge fresh, and bringing those new ideas to life.
- Hit the ultimate goal by ensuring that all marketing roads lead to program enrollment. You know that every initiative adds up and builds on the last one so you’re creating a continuous chain that inspires students to take the next step on the journey and fills our programs month after month.
This could be you if…
- 2-4 years of experience in communications, copywriting, content creation, and/or marketing
- You’re part storyteller and part teacher at heart & love making your audience feel seen, heard, and understood.
- You enjoy variety in your work and find yourself to be versatile in the content realm– for example, you can create original content like video scripts, repurpose that script content for other social channels, and create corresponding graphics, etc. You like to switch things up.
- You have experience marketing on YouTube and overseeing video editing.
- You’re a strong manager and can connect with your marketing team to work together to create the big picture content. You know how to lovingly hold people accountable and support them where they need help and ensure the best outcomes.
- You know SEO.
- You can project plan in your sleep and you love PM softwares. You’re proactive and know how to stay on top of a team to ensure that everything gets done per project deadlines.
- You nerd out on content strategy and stay on top of the latest social media and content marketing trends. You want to work at a company where your expertise is valued!
- You’re a strong communicator. Whether it’s written or verbally, you strike a healthy balance between being honest, clear, and considering how your words & tone will make someone else feel.
- You share our commitment to inspire & educate an audience of mainly women to believe that they’re capable of getting in control of their finances and having fun with it.
- You’re driven to help us get our message out, in all the ways, to all the people who need to hear it the most.
- You strike a healthy balance between analyzing data and using your instincts to make smart decisions that move the business forward.
- You can take our big, exciting ideas & turn them into a fully executed event, piece of content, or other tangible outcome and you’re not afraid to guide us on the specific details of what needs to be done next to hit the goal.
- You know your way around social media platforms
- You love the idea of being the driving force behind the brand and the glue to keep the team together and creating impactful content.
- Detail, details, details! You know the details matter and you’d never dream of sending something out that doesn’t look just right.
- You can build relationships with all kinds of people; always from a place of trust, transparency, and care.
- No task is too big or too small for you. You’re ready to take responsibility, get your hands dirty, rally the team, and get it all done.
- You’re an action-oriented, self-starter. You get your work done on time (or early) and pride yourself on not needing to be managed to meet your deadlines.
- You’re personally committed to improving yourself, learning, and getting better every day.
- When facing new challenges, you rely on your resourcefulness to get up to speed, find solutions, and make a meaningful impact.
- You can take an idea and turn it into a step-by-step plan with accurate timelines and ways to keep all the right people updated as you go.
- Crossing things off of your to-do list brings you the most joy. You’re on top of your tasks and don’t like to procrastinate! Why do tomorrow what you can do today?!
- Nifty for Project Management
- YouTube Creator Studio
- Drip for email newsletter marketing
- Airtable for our editorial calendar
- WordPress for website
- Canva for graphic design
- Google drive
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application!
We are accepting initial applications from now until Wednesday April 28th 12:00pm PDT
As a company, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all people regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, race, ability, religion, sexual identity, or any other personal identifier, to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a zoom interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!