Digital Grace Design is a Showit Website Design Agency based in NYC, founded and led by Sarah Blodgett, Showit’s 2019 Designer of the Year and Certified StoryBrand Guide. We create custom and semi-custom websites for creatives, photographers, entrepreneurs in the wedding, wellness and education spaces. As an agency, we believe in providing a strong and high touch client experience, with excellent, thoughtful, effective (and beautiful) websites to match.
We are hiring a Junior Designer to join our small, remote, female-led team to support with the backend of the web design process in Showit (and occasionally shopify) for our clients.
Hours: starting at 10-15 per week
This position is open to global applicants. Digital Grace Design is based in NYC.
Actual times you are online isn’t as important as long as you meet deadlines and can attend 1 weekly meeting in EST (time TBD)
Compensation: retainer for meetings and internal projects (roughly $250-$300 for 10 hours) plus project based pay for website work (approx $1000-$2000 per month, depending on projects our agency has booked)
People of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities are encouraged to apply
– Customize Templates in Showit
– Mobile Design – translate the Desktop design into the Mobile Experience
– Brand Design (not a requirement, but a bonus)
– Support with Custom Website projects
– Misc internal design projects (social graphics and assets)
– Creating Standard Operating Procedures as needed
– Create client launch graphics and scrolling mockups
– Support with shopify website builds
– Work on SEO for client sites (SEO knowledge is not requirement- this can be taught if needed 🙂 )
This could be for you if:
– you consider yourself to be reliable and consistent
– you are familiar with WordPress and how it integrates with Showit (if you can build full sites on WordPress, that’s a total bonus, not a requirement, what we really need is an understanding of how the showit/wordpress integration works)
– you enjoy web projects on relatively quick timelines (with plenty of advance notice)
– you are organized and detail oriented
– you deliver what you say you will deliver by or before the deadline (you are good at planning out your time and making it work to meet deadlines)
– you are proactive, transparent, and communicative
– you want to support creative entrepreneur clients
– you give grace when clients may struggle understanding technology (while this position is not client facing initially, the Jr Designer will be working through client edits throughout the process)
– you feel satisfaction in supporting the growth of another business owners so that they can focus on their strengths and talents
– you are resourceful but know when it’s time to ask your question
– you want to work in an agency where it’s okay to be honest if you don’t know how to do something or a deadline can’t be met (no shame, up front transparency is important so we can make necessary adjustments, etc)
– you love to learn
– In your web design, you’re curious on how to make things better and try different avenues
– you want to do subcontract work so that you don’t have to do your own marketing and selling
– you love doing web design implementation- it brings you joy!
– you have an eye for design and the details
Adobe Suite: Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop
Clickup (project management software)
We are accepting initial applications from now until Friday January 15th
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!