Crooked Calligraphy is hiring! The CEO, Shinah, is a whiskey-loving, curse-word slinging, Harvard-trained former corporate attorney who left everything to find her passion– which is modern calligraphy! Crooked Calligraphy is an online education business that offers a signature 8-week calligraphy course to help newbies become calligraphy badasses! And who doesn’t love learning a fun creative endeavor?? This small team is expanding and bringing on a Sales and Marketing Assistant to help spread the word about Crooked Calligraphy!
No Calligraphy experience necessary! Enthusiasm for creative pursuits encouraged!
Employee/ W-2 Position
This position is fully remote.
Hours: starting at 10 hours per week with room to grow
Compensation: starting at $20 per hour with room to grow and potential quarterly bonuses
Must be based in the US and eligible to work in the US
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
– 10 hours a week to start
– Respond same day to team
– Customer responses within 24 hours
– Online everyday M-F
– conduct scripted sales conversations to inbound questions and messages to help potential customers decide if any of our programs are right for them
– Handle webinar inbox and answer webinar questions
– Repurpose existing videos and other marketing materials into new social media and email content
– Schedule social media content in scheduler
– Collaborate with CEO in content creation process and brainstorming
– Draft, format, and schedule weekly email newsletter content
– Gather testimonials for marketing
– Plan how to use testimonials strategically in the marketing plan
– Routinely track marketing metrics in KPI spreadsheet
– Maintain organized and up to date editorial calendar
– Answering questions and commenting in the Free Facebook group
– Create content and schedule posts in Free Facebook group
– Respond to questions and comments on Facebook Ads
– Pitch CEO for podcasts, conferences, youtube shows, etc
– Implement organic outreach strategies in FB and IG
– handle inbound email requests such as podcast interview pitches, joint-venture proposals, etc
– Respond to Instagram and Facebook DMs
– Misc administrative tasks assigned (ie research, trouble shooting tech problems, etc)
– You are truly a people person– you love connecting with others
– You are detail oriented and can spot a typo from a mile away
– You love writing a good instagram caption
– You enjoy talking through pain points and offering people solutions– you’re sales-minded in that way, but not sleazy sales-y
– Whether or not you know calligraphy, you appreciate it and how the arts and creative pursuits enrich people’s lives
– You love being creative and having creative hobbies
– You are organized
– The thought of maintaining an editorial calendar excites you
– You love a good spreadsheet and great at using them to track important marketing metrics
– You are excited at the prospect of supporting a woman-owned business
– You desire some flexibility afforded by a stay at home job
– You love personal development and consider yourself to be a curious person
– While you love providing excellent work and an excellent client/customer experience, you like to have fun 🙂
– You double-check everything you put out into the world!
– You like to take initiative and be proactive
– You like to run through your writing from a client or customer perspective to ensure that nothing is confusing or missing (messaging matters!)
– You’re solution-oriented
– You are up for honest conversations and showing up as your authentic self, even if it’s uncomfortable– this is where growth happens
– Instagram + Instagram DMs
– Facebook + Facebook Messenger
– Gmail + Gsuite
– Click Up (Project Management Software)
– Lead Pages
We are accepting initial applications from now until Monday November 2nd at 10:00am PT
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, you’re available to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!