Are you experienced in and passionate about Shopify website design? Do you love helping eCommerce businesses create websites that elevate their brand and make an impact in their lives?
Good news! COR Marketing Group is looking for a Junior Designer! At COR Marketing Group, we pride ourselves on helping entrepreneurs and small businesses by doing the heavy lifting in building a sustainable eCommerce web presence. Our clients are making an impact in their communities through their products and services. Our goal is to help design and teach entrepreneurs how to use Shopify to grow their online businesses. We know that entrepreneurship can be complicated and messy, and we want to create a website that will help increase their sales so they can focus on their passion and stay in their zone of genius.
Now, we’re looking for a Junior Designer who is passionate about design and can help with the client deliverables. Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for executing the design of Shopify websites based on client needs and ensuring functionality and positive user experiences. You’re someone with experience in design who is passionate about helping eCommerce businesses succeed by creating and testing websites that will elevate their brand. You’re highly communicative between your team and clients and are excited to show up for these companies and help them succeed!
- Time Commitment: 20-30 hours/week
- Compensation: $25-30/hour commensurate with experience
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is entirely remote.
- Status: This role is either for a part-time employee or for a part-time contractor. The status will be determined based on the applicants.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicating with the design team as well as clients regarding project and task status
- Use pre-existing brand assets to build out and design branded web pages
- Use an initial homepage design as a guideline to execute the design of the remaining pages for our eCommerce clients
- Creating, editing, and optimizing product listings, blog posts, and website pages
- Researching and testing tech solutions, apps, and integrations to create customized solutions for different clients’ eCommerce sites
- Creating tutorials and other client handoff materials to ensure clients are supported after projects are completed
- Assisting with client onboarding as well as offboarding
- Improving and implementing systems and processes to help increase efficiency within projects
- Understanding different requirements for each client and utilizing various applications for Shopify depending on client needs
- Testing user pages to ensure everything works as expected and making adjustments as needed
- Ensuring both desktop and mobile versions of the website are functional
This could be you if…
- You have a passion for design
- You are familiar with Shopify and are confident in your ability to design websites with it
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You love working with a variety of different brands
- You are passionate about helping small businesses become more successful
- You’re creative and tech-savvy and love using both of those skills in your work
- You’re good at researching and know how to design to create the best user experience
- You love eCommerce and helping product-based businesses make the most of their eCommerce sites
- You want the user experience to be amazing and keep that in mind when you design and develop Shopify sites
- You’re highly communicative
- You understand that your design is for clients and don’t take feedback personally
- You’re excited about working with businesses that hold integrity and transparency in high regard
- 17 hats
- Adobe XD
We are accepting initial applications from now until Wednesday, October 13th, at 2pm EST.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+, and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do an online interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!