Do you love creating marketing strategies based on analyzing the numbers behind marketing techniques? Do you love social media and using it as a marketing tool? Are you interested in the online food blogging world?
Good news! COOKtheSTORY is looking for a Media Marketing Manager to take over all things social media and marketing management! At COOKtheSTORY, we believe that helping people and creating accessibility for home cooks creates big changes. Food is a human necessity, and we value providing a service that makes a difference in people’s home lives by providing recipes that take less time (but still taste delicious) so people have more time to do other things.
Now, we’re looking for a Media Marketing Manager who can collaborate with our CEO, Christine, and other team members to increase our visibility in the online food world, market to new potential audiences, and expand our platform.
Sounds like you? Keep reading!
Media Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Content Manager, you’ll be responsible for social media management and implementation, marketing management, and potentially other avenues in the future! You’re excited about strategy – you love coming up with the ads and the posts, but the most exciting thing about marketing to you is looking at the analytics and creating a plan based on what is working and what isn’t. You also love food (and cooking) – you have a basic understanding of the online food world and know how to stay up to date on trends.
- Time Commitment: 40 hours/week
- Compensation: $22/hour to start
- Benefits: PTO: vacation days, paid company holidays, and paid personal days
- Location: This position is remote. Location in and/or occasional travel to Central Florida are preferred but not required.
- Status: This role is a full-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
You will be responsible for creating and developing the overall marketing strategy, including:
- Collecting and analyzing the analytics from all media sources
- Working with Christine to help with website content planning
- Maintaining consistency in media strategies while also reacting quickly to trends and ideas
- Writing newsletter content to keep subscribers updated
- Overseeing the implementation of online marketing plans and compiling and analyzing data to measure the effectiveness of the plans
- Identifying, developing, and evaluating launch strategies and assisting the CEO in the implementation of the strategy
- Spotting holes in existing programs and recommending improvements with marketing strategies and opportunities
- Overseeing and participating in projects to ensure they’re completed on time and within budget
- Finding creative ways to advertise to people who would be interested in COOKtheSTORY’s mission and raise awareness for the website
- Sitting in on PR meetings and eventually transitioning to taking over PR responsibilities
- Developing marketing strategies for Christine’s podcast and cookbooks in addition to the websites
You will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the social media strategy, including:
- Repurposing blog content to optimize its reach in Facebook and Instagram
- Cultivating a social media presence that elevates our brand
- Creating graphics and writing copy for different social channels to raise brand awareness
- Expanding reach onto new social media platforms as needed
- Creating, managing, and maintaining the social media strategy across multiple platforms
- Bringing fresh and innovative ideas and recommendations to stay up to date with the social media marketing strategy
- Collecting follower feedback on social channels and addressing concerns in an appropriate manner
- Coming up with and implementing the strategy for podcast and blog promotion
- Preparing reports on critical social media analytics
This could be you if…
- You’re up to date in the culinary world online and know how to keep up with trends in the online cooking space
- You know how to write successful copy for different social platforms
- You’re excited not only about marketing itself, but the strategy behind it
- You know how to look at numbers analytically and create plans based on your analysis
- You have a creative mind and love to use it for social media marketing and management
- You’re interested in creating visibility in different ways, and you love to try new things to see what works and what doesn’t
- You’re interested in PR work and learning more to utilize your skills in a new capacity
- You’re highly collaborative – you’re excited to strategize with other people and work with the blog content creators to coordinate strategies
- Facebook ads
- Instagram ads
- Google Docs
We are accepting initial applications from now until Tuesday, September 28th at 3pm EST. Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis and the sooner you apply, the better!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+, and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to an interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!