Do you love the food blogging world and how it is making cooking more accessible for at-home chefs? Are you excited about managing the details and operations of a business while helping the CEO propel the business forward and create new plans?
You’re in luck! We are COOKtheSTORY, and we’re looking for a Business Manager who will handle the organization and execution of daily operations and deliverables. At COOKtheSTORY, we believe that helping people and creating accessibility for home cooks creates big changes. Food is a human necessity, and we value providing a service that makes a difference in people’s home lives by providing recipes that take less time (but still taste delicious) so people have more time to do other things.
Is this something you’re passionate about? Keep reading!
Reporting to the CEO, Christine, you’ll be responsible for managing the operational aspects of the business and executing projects to meet goals. You will be the go-to person for Christine to bounce ideas off of and formulate plans on how to make things happen. You are someone who is excited about continuing the mission of making cooking and food more accessible and you’re excellent at taking ideas and creating action plans and then following through on them.
- Time Commitment: Full-time
- Compensation: $19-20/hour to start
- Location: Anywhere in the United States – this role is fully remote.
- Status: This role is a full-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating a task list for Christine based on projects and deadlines
- Aid in the delegation of lower priority tasks to other team members
- Attend meetings and take notes on action items discussed in meetings
- Bounce ideas between yourself and Christine, and act on/delegate execution of ideas once given the green light by Christine
- Taking ideas and making tangible plans to put them into action
- Connecting team members to one another and identifying holes in processes that need to be refined
- Managing stakeholders, contractors, and contributors as required
- Acting as the first point of contact for all team members and contacting Christine when necessary for high-level issues
- Handling technology side of outgoing newsletter (no copywriting required)
- Collecting analytics from various marketing platforms and compiling them into accessible spreadsheets to share with Christine
- Staying up to date with the blogging community to ensure we stay at the forefront of the industry
- Keeping workflows in line and troubleshooting tech issues as they arise
- Seeking out, identifying, and correcting inefficiencies before they become a problem
- Prioritizing urgent tasks for team members and Christine and help accomplish them to ensure follow through
- Creating training documents for systems and processes
- Managing KPIs for team members
This could be you if…
- You have a strategic planning eye
- You’re excited to work for a business that you really care about and want to see succeed
- You’re nurturing – you understand that this business is Christine’s world
- You love to be a sounding board for new ideas and know how to propose potential conflicts, but understand that Christine makes the final decisions
- You love bringing your joy into your work – you’re excited to be excited about your job!
- You love systems and enjoy creating and maintaining them in your work
- While you will be directly corresponding with Christine, you know how to work independently and love to manage your own task load
- You’re excited about being a part of making cooking and food more accessible for people and making a difference in peoples’ lives
- You’re ready to find a job you feel passionate about and at home in
Software we use:
- Google drive
- Google analytics
- Adthrive – for ad revenue
We are accepting initial applications from now until Monday, August 2nd at 2pm CT. Please note we are accepting applications on a rolling basis and the sooner you apply, the better!
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+, and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a zoom interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!