Citizen Sprout is hiring an Operations Manager to lead and oversee the day to day operations of their kitchen and retail location. Based in California’s sunny Santa Monica, Citizen Sprout is all about creating simple, fresh, wholesome, homemade meals and snacks for families and individuals who want to eat well, to feed the body and the soul.
Citizen Sprout is founded and led by Jennifer Jewett, an Executive Chef who started this company to help busy parents expose their children to the countless delicious and diverse foods of the world so they can grow up to be curious, healthy eaters! Her passion for food started back when she was just a little sprout herself. Her dad loves testing new dishes and recipes from different cultures and he instilled in her an affection for food and the process of preparing meals. Along with this, he gave her a love for all the complex flavors and dishes from around the world. Now, it’s her mission to take the pressure of preparing a meal off of busy parents and give that time back so families can use that time to simply sit and eat together.
Citizen Sprout is growing their busy and passionate team. Citizen Sprout serves the community through a school lunch program, catering, meal delivery, and having ready to grab food in our retail location in Santa Monica. We have more ways we want to expand our impact– we’ve come a long way from our 200 sq ft kitchen in downtown LA and we’re not done growing yet! If you have food industry experience, and a passion for the food industry but want to have time for your life on nights and weekends, keep reading!
Reporting to the Owner & Executive Chef, you’ll be responsible for leading and overseeing the day to day operations for Citizen Sprout, an organic, grab and go kitchen + retail location that offers a variety of dishes for everyone.
- Time Commitment: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, 9a-5p
- Compensation: $50,000-$60,000, salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Sick Days, no weekend or holiday work
- Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Status: This role is an EMPLOYEE/W2 role. You must be legally authorized to work as a W2 Employee in the United States.
You will be responsible for:
- Support with serving customer who come into the retail location, answering any questions and ensuring an excellent experience
- Ensure back of house and retail are appropriately staffed
- Manage and support staff and day-to-day operations
- Helping get the word out about the store front and supporting staff with creating engaging content to be shared on social media
- Helping to bring in fun/exciting products that make sense in the store
- Review general intakes for new clients and determine client fit and availability
- Recruiting and managing team members, including both front of the house and back of the house staff
- Act as back up for other team members, as needed – this may include home delivery, catering, store front, etc
- Supporting in streamlining and improving operations as seems fit – this one is super important
- Supporting with other arms of the business if the need arises (catering, school lunch program– this is rare but as a small business, if someone calls in, it’s all hands on deck)
This could be you if…
- You are excited about being a part of a company’s growth whose mission you believe in
- You have a passion for the food industry and a desire to support parents in making sure kids are eating healthy and nutritious meals.
- You want to work for a woman-lead business with a strong vision
- You want to work in the food industry but haven’t found a place where you can sustain both your professional and your home life– weekends and nights off would make a big difference for you
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You take initiative and like to step up when you identify a need– you find it incredibly satisfying
- You are a great communicator, both written and verbal
- You are open to learning new skills
- You are organized and you have strong follow-through
- You love managing multiple priorities and love problem solving
- You have a strong work ethic
- You have the ability to see the big picture and thrive on work in the details
- You like to have fun while working and are excited to work with a small but mighty team
- You are flexible and can adapt and adjust on the fly when need be
- You have a valid driver’s license
- Google Workspace
- Invoicing Software
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like you, click on this link to submit your application! https://airtable.com/shrfcgQPZeLNLrXHd
We are accepting initial applications and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do a video interview on google meet.
We can’t wait to hear from you!