Brittney Lynn is a thought-leader for how purposeful connection can change the world. Her Public Relations Agency for purpose-driven entrepreneurs and businesses is hiring!
We are hiring a Lead Publicist to join our small but growing agency. We are a female-led agency that provides full-service PR for online service providers and product-based companies. Our services focus on podcasts, publications, and television, depending on our clients’ goals.
Our team currently consists of our CEO, Brittney, one lead publicist, one PR assistant, and one junior publicist. We are excited to add another lead publicist to our team so that we can continue to provide excellent service to even more clients!
Hours: starting at 20 hours per week
Availability: Must be available for client calls the first week of each month (starting at 3-4 hours of client calls), team calls for one hour on Monday mornings, and a midweek touch base call mid week (daytime availability M-F)
Compensation: Compensation is per client– this role will start at a minimum of $1500 per month and it can go up. The more client accounts you have, the more you will earn.
This role is starting as a contractor with room to grow into W2 employee status after the first 90 days.
Location: Remote, must be based in the US and eligible to work in the US. Texas is preferred. We will still review applicants from other states.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
– Create and execute publicity plans for clients (pitching to podcasts, publications, and tv specifically)
– Cultivate relationships with journalists in order to place stories with them
– Pitch new stories to media, including podcasts, publications, and tv
– Arrange and flesh out talking points for interviews
– Build and maintain relationships with various media outlets
– Collaborate in weekly team meetings
– Crafting client written status updates
– List building and creation in MuckRack
– Monitoring / creating replies to HAROs
– Respond to team or client communications via email and slack within or before 24 hours M-F
– you have experience as a publicist, likely in a PR agency
– you are an excellent writer!
– you have confidence in your PR ability and are ready to lead strategy and hit the ground running
– you are knowledgeable about the media industry and how it works
–you love to bring fresh ideas to the table to help clients reach their publicity goals
–you are okay with the rejection that happens when every pitch doesn’t land
– you take initiative and prioritize imperfect and timely action over striving for perfect action (you’re the ask for forgiveness instead of permission type of person when it comes to ideas and pitches)
– you know that mistakes are part of the game and while you strive for excellence, you can recover quickly from mistakes or pitches that bomb
– you are interested in being a female-led, positive work culture with purpose-driven clients
– you value integrity and honesty, even (especially) when it’s uncomfortable
– you are open to challenging team or clients if pitches are out of integrity or misaligned with company values
– you can communicate tactfully and respectfully
– you own up to your mistakes (Brittney Lynn is a company where imperfect action is allowed and has a culture of taking responsibility and owning up to mistakes)
– you’re open to working in a agency where we will say “NO” to media opportunities if they are not in the best interest in a PR perspective for our clients
– you want to work on a close-knit, remote team
– bonus: you are familiar with the online biz world
– you are comfortable doing the heavy lifting of strategy, in other words, you are creative and love coming up with unique ways in which you can pitch clients (this is NOT a role where we will tell you what to pitch- it’s up to our publicists to work creativity within certain parameters- there’s a lot of room for creativity of topic ideas that we can pitch)
– you’ve read about our company’s values and you’re on board and can see yourself thriving in a company with these values– https://brittneyllynn.com/values/
Asana (project management software)
Slack (team communication software)
Voxer (team communication software)
MuckRack (or similar)
Google Drive- GSuite
We are accepting initial applications from now until Friday December 18th at 5:00pm CST.
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward in our hiring process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will ask follow up questions, interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview and a possible paid test (working interview).
We can’t wait to hear from you!