UPDATE: We are accepting applications from the entire US and are accepting applications until Monday January 31st at 3pm EST
Are you a photographer who no longer wants to manage all of the aspects of running their own business and is interested in working on a team? Do you love to see people succeed and find joy in guiding and coaching others?
You may be the person we’re looking for! Ascend Together is looking for a Business Coach and Elopement Photographer. Our CEO, Dana Shular, is an elopement photographer and photography business coach who finds joy in creating beautiful moments for all people and helping people navigate and transform their businesses to fulfillment. Dana created a community of photography business owners who needed support creating a sustainable business model that truly aligns with them. She is passionate about celebrating everyone on their journey and supporting the growth of these entrepreneurs – while having a blast doing it!. We are transitioning from an Elopement photography business to launching a brand-new all-inclusive Elopement business offering for those who want to elope, but don’t want to handle the planning and logistics of it all. As an Elopement Photographer, you will be the person traveling to and shooting the events – without having to handle all of the administrative aspects of running your own business. As the Business Coach (which will be your primary responsibility), you will take your photography business experience and apply it to helping others grow their business.
Does this sound like it could be you? Keep reading to see if this feels like a great fit.
Business Coach and Elopement Photographer
Reporting to the CEO, your primary responsibility will be coaching one-on-one and group in our group coaching program and helping others grow their photography businesses in a sustainable way. You will be trained extensively in coaching– you just need to bring your photography business experience! Additionally, you will be traveling to and photographing elopements to capture couples’ special and unique memories. For the first 90 days, this role will be primarily coaching as you are trained on our systems and processes, and eventually, begin to take on 1:1 coaching calls. As our Elopement business grows and begins to accept new clients, you will be able to take on shooting assignments as needed. However, this role will remain primarily coaching, though there is some flexibility in the future depending on demand and what direction you would like to grow in!
- Time Commitment: 15-25 hours/week, with the hope to increase in the future
- Compensation: $25/hour to start for the first 90 days in the Business Coach role, Elopement Photography projects likely to be profit sharing/commission
- Benefits: Flexible scheduling, remote work for business coaching
- Location: Anywhere in the US. Ability to travel to and from shooting sites on the west coast. Travel costs will be covered by the company.
- Status: This role is a part-time employee role. You must be available to be employed by our company and legally eligible to work in the United States.
For the first few months, you will be working solely in the coaching side of the business as you are trained on our systems and processes and get to know our clients. We will extensively train you in how to coach photography business owners! Just bring what you know from being a photography business owner! Once our elopement business picks up, we expect the breakdown to be approximately 25% Photography/Elopement tasks, 75% Business Coaching.
Business coaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attending weekly group coaching calls and managing recordings
- Sending out recorded coaching calls to clients
- Managing client reminders for coaching calls via Facebook
- Hosting and coaching in 1:1 check-ins and coaching calls
- Providing constructive feedback for skillset-based critiques
- Building positive and lasting relationships with clients
- Staying active in the Facebook group and providing feedback in the group as needed
Elopement photographer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attending weekly elopement team meetings
- Participating in client team calls to discuss the project and secure details
- Maintaining communication with the team throughout projects
- Traveling to and from shooting sites (travel expenses will be covered)
- Attending Elopements and shooting photos (the best part!)
- Participating in post-project meetings to hear feedback
This could be you if…
- You love to be a cheerleader for those around you and believe in spreading positivity and joy
- You have owned your own photography business and are interested in teaching others how to grow and scale their own business
- You have experience with wedding and/or elopement photography
- You are confident in your photography skillset
- You’re still interested in and love photography, but you no longer want to have to deal with all administrative aspects such as email, project management, location scouting, etc. #allthethings
- You are flexible and like to roll with the punches
- You take initiative – you know how to figure things out on your own
- You’re highly communicative – you tend to lean toward over-communication
- You’re ready to work with a team
- You believe that ALL couples deserve to have their dream elopements– including LGBTQ+ couples
- You are excited to support a diverse and supportive group of photographers in our coaching program
Note this list is non-exhaustive and you do not need to be familiar with all of them to apply.
We are accepting initial applications from now until Monday January 31st at 3pm EST. Please note we are reviewing applications as they come in and will not be accepting applications after the deadline.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do an interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!