Do you want to work with a company that is helping women-focused lifestyle and eCommerce companies build websites that reflect their brands? Do you love to code and be a part of developing websites for companies you want to see succeed? Are you looking for a position where you can use your coding skills for meaningful projects filled with purpose?
Good news! Arq Design Studio is hiring a Shopify Web Developer! At Arq, we believe that every business is unique, and we know how difficult it can be for a CEO or business owner to find people to trust with your brand. We work with clients who are looking to disrupt their industry and make money in ways that feel authentic to them. We’re here to create websites that are a natural extension of their brand to help them attract clients that are aligned with them so they can make a difference in the world. In our studio, we believe in radical candor and leading with compassion so that we can create with integrity – for ourselves and for our clients.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold marginalized identities not listed to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria.
Shopify Web Developer
Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for the entire development process on projects from the design handoff through project completion. You love to code and are excited to use your skills to work with companies that you believe in and want to succeed. Having a varied work environment is important to you – and working on a lot of different types of projects is exciting (and exactly the type of position you’re looking for)! You love honing your skills and come with 2+ years of web development experience.
- Time Commitment: ~24 hours/week with the potential to increase to 30+ after 3 months; preference for hours to be worked on specific days during company work hours
- Compensation: $30-45+/hr commensurate with experience
- Location: Fully remote. Preference for candidates located in Canada, but open anywhere.
- Status: This role is a part-time contractor role with the potential to move to a full-time employee after 3 months.
You will be responsible for:
- Full custom Shopify website development from the design handoff through completion
- Create fully custom sections in Shopify using JSON Schema
- Expanding functionality on multiple Shopify stores
- Researching and developing new features (i.e. app solutions to support business requirements)
- Strategically scoping projects to put together estimates that match project budgets
- Maintaining functionality on retainer clients’ Shopify websites and troubleshooting issues that arise
- Developing documentation of theme developments and maintaining themes based on Shopify partner standards
- Documenting and keeping track of code updates across our remote team
- Sending Loom videos after project completion with a walkthrough showing clients how to use their websites
This could be you if…
- You have 2+ years of web development experience
- You have direct Shopify experience
- You LOVE to code – you’re excited to continue to learn and do amazing things with your work
- You know when it’s the right time for you to ask for support if you’ve hit a block
- You are curious and tenacious – you are constantly learning about your craft and looking to improve
- You’re excited about working with a variety of clients who consider themselves disruptors of their industries – our clients are focused on giving back and treating their people and their clients right
- You want to make money while working with companies you believe in and are excited about
- JSON/schema to create sections from scratch for Online Store 1.0 and 2.0
- Microsoft Visual studio
- Voxer/Slack/Google meet for team communication
- Project Management Software
We are accepting initial applications from now until Wednesday, Janary 26th at 3pm EST. Please note we accept applications on a rolling basis and the sooner you apply, the more likely your application is to be considered!
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to an interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!